The perfect dinner guest is one who responds upon taking their first taste of the soup that you’ve placed before them by saying “This is the best thing that I’ve ever tasted!” I was quite delighted when this recently happened to me and I instantly knew I had to share this recipe with all my blog readers.
The following recipe was given to me by my college roommate Robin. Thank you very much! It truly has become a favorite of mine as well as my dinner guests.
Robin’s Pink Lentil and Coconut Fantastic Soup
1 ½ tablespoons cumin seeds
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
2 tablespoons extra virgin organic olive oil
¼ cayenne or serrano pepper (more or less to taste)
1 small white onion, finely diced
1 cup pink organic lentils
4 – 5 cups organic vegetable stock or you can use water
1 13.5 oz. can of organic coconut milk
2 tablespoons grated fresh peeled ginger
½ tablespoon black pepper
½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
2 tablespoons lemon zest from an organic lemon only
2 lemons, juiced or 5 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice
½ bunch of fresh chopped cilantro, or more for garnish
Avocado, diced for garnish
- Toast cumin and coriander seeds in a dry pot over medium heat for 2 minutes. You will smell their aromas when they’ve cooked enough.
- Add the olive oil, pepper and onion. Cook and stir until onion is translucent.
- Add the next six ingredients.
- Turn heat down to low and stir well. Cover, stirring occasionally for the next 30 – 35 minutes, until the lentils have softened and lost their shape. Taste and feel free to add more water, if you prefer this soup thinner.
- When soup is done, remove from burner and add lemon zest and juice.
- Garnish with diced avocado and fresh cilantro on top.
I hope you enjoy this delicious soup. Please let me know how you like it and be sure to send me your favorite vegan recipes too so that together, we can help keep people healthy, improve their health, help people get rid of their cancer and help keep it from reoccurring in others.
May you be well,